COMPETITION: The Competition operated by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions Apply, wherein Entrants are accepted automatically by requesting to receive their Northumberland County Council Council Tax bills online.
ENTRY: Automatic on requesting online bills.
ENTRANT: Any person who automatically enters the competition by requesting to receive their bills online. To qualify for entry, users apply to receive a bill online through one of the following portals www.rbs.co.uk, www.natwest.com, www.lloydstsb.com or www.mybillsonline.co.uk
PROMOTER: Is OneVu, a VocaLink Limited business, registered number 6119048 whose registered office is at Drake House, Homestead Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire WD3 1FX.
WINNER: Entrant chosen at random, on or after the Closing Date who will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
OPENING DATE: 1st May 2013.
CLOSING DATE: 31st August 2013.
1. By entering the competition via the Website, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
2. Upon entering the Competition, all Entrants must submit all bill details requested by the Promoters.
3. The Promoters will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise. The Competition is operated by the Promoters.
4. The Promoter will not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully.
5. The Entrants recognise that the Competition is a free to enter competition for the purposes of the Gambling Act 2005.
6. The Entrants and the Promoters recognise that the Competition, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Promoters and Entrants recognise that the County or High Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Competition or its administration.
7. By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
8. The Promoters do not retain details of each Entry for subsequent third party or other access directly from the Website.
9. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
10. The purpose of the Competition is to win the Prize.
11. Payments will only be offered in pounds sterling.
12. Each prize will be £500.
13. Each Participating company will offer a separate prize or prizes.
14. There will be no alternative prize offered.
15. The process to determine the Winner will begin the day after the closing date.
16. The billing contact details on the activated bill will be used to contact the winning customer.
17. When the Closing Dates are reached, the Competition will close; however the Promoters reserve the right to extend the closing dates by up to 3 months at their discretion.
18. The winner of the Prize will be the Entrant whose details are randomly drawn.
19. The Promoters' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition following the determination of the Winner as described above.
20. The Winner may be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence to the Promoters to prove their identity.
21. If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 30 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail, telephone and mail to the contact details submitted in their entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award the Prize to the Entrant selected by drawing another winning entry at random in the same method as described above ("The Alternate Winner"). The Alternate Winner shall have 7 days from notification of their status by the Promoters to communicate their acceptance of the Prize.
24. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website.
25. The Promoters do not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason. It is the responsibility of Entrants to contact the Promoters if the bill is not successfully activated. This can be checked by examining the status of the billing account in the "Billing Accounts" section of the site. The status should be "Active".
26. These competition rules shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
27. An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
28. The competition is open to over 16s only and by accepting these terms and conditions you are certifying to us that you are over 16.
29. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions.
30. Only one entry is permitted per bill per participating company.
31. Winners may be asked, without obligation, to participate in publicity photographs.
32. Photographs can be used on the OneVu or participating companies' websites.
33. By entry in to the competition an entrant is bound by these terms and conditions.